Kelvin Ser, Instructor placed at Johor and Negeri Sembilan
Kelvin Ser was born in the year of 1976 and started to learn swimming by the age of 8 years old under Mr. Francis from Melaka. He then was trained under Mr. Salleh from 1989 till 1994 for the School Team until the State Level. In the year 1992, he gradually got his Bronze Medallion (Sijil Gangsa) for Persatuan Penyelamat Kelemasan Malaysia. Meanwhile, he was Assistant Instructor under the late Mr. Roger Tan at Paya Lang Club & Hotel Mercury from 1992 till 1994. At the same time too, he was Captain for Sek. Men. Seg Hwa’s Swimming Club and a swimming instructor for the School Team.
He worked as Lifeguard at Sunway Lagoon from 1994 till 1995 while in 1998 he got his Padi Open Water Diver. He passed his Level 1 of Kursus Sains Sukan in 2005 that was organised by Majlis Sukan Negara and at the same year, he represented Johor State for the 1st Sukan Teras National Swimming Training Camp at Pusat Akuatik Paroi in Seremban.
The following year, he successfully completed Swimming Coaching Course Level 1 organised by Amateur Swimming Union of Malaysia and Life Saving Instructor from Life Saving Society Malaysia.
• Lifeguard & Swimming Coach at Gemas Golf Resort (1996 – 1998)
• Lifeguard & Swimming Coach at Segamat Country Club (1998 – 2004)
• Coaching at Bahau Kiara Swimming Pool (2006)
• Sijil Jurulatih (Instructor) from Life Saving Society Malaysia (2006)
• Under his guidance, he manage to train up a few number of students-
- Mr. Raymond Ho up to MSSD, MSSJ, MSSM
- Ms. Lisa Yeo up to National School Level (MSSM)
- Ms. Chai Ann Chi & Ms. Mei Rou for State Level
- Yap Li Wen, Chang Win Sen, Ong Zhi Yin, Lim Ying Dy & Chang Zi Sen (State School Level)
• Train up 4 students become qualified Lifeguard
- Mr. Raymond Ho
- Mr. Richmond Ho
- Mr. Jonathan Foo
- Mr. Tan Lik Yuen